Code of Ethics
1. There shall be full co-operation between members of the Association at all times.
2. Members of the Association, their employees and guides will be required to co-operate fully with the Department of Tourism, Wildlife, Environment or any other Government Department concerned with the Newfoundland & Labrador Tourist Industry and to completely adhere to their laws, rules and regulations.
3. Members will be required to maintain good, adequate and serviceable equipment for the use of guests and employees.
4. Rates and accommodations will be clearly and carefully defined to guests prior to booking reservation.
5. Members will not misrepresent their rates, services or accommodations.
6. Members will provide for every necessary safety and comfort of guests.
7. Members will endeavor always to employ well-trained, courteous and sufficient personnel to care adequately for their guests.
8. Members will provide adequate and well-prepared food to guests and personnel at all times when the camp operates on the American Plan.
9. Members’ camps will be kept in a clean, neat, orderly and good state of repair at all times and shall be so maintained as to be a credit to the operator, the Association and the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
10. Members will conduct their business in an ethical manner.
11. Members will ensure that every effort is made to retrieve any wounded animals and that all edible meat must be removed from the place of kill and utilized.
12. Members will post a copy of this Code of Ethics in a conspicuous place on the premises at all times.
13. Failure to abide by this Code of Ethics will subject any member to an Investigation by the Board of Directors or a committee appointed by it, and, if adverse, may subject the member to reprimand, suspension or expulsion from the Newfoundland and Labrador Outfitters Association.